As you can see, I’ve not created any real posts here yet. But you can visit my original Blog With No Name at my.opera.com. [Edit: I’ve now copied quite a few posts here from the original site. I’ve kept their original dates, so see below.]
I’ve been posting there for a while, but many visitors have had problems posting comments, making it frustrating—I enjoy the discussions with readers but can’t have them.
There you’ll find posts about violin playing, science, religion, books, art, and general reflections.
Some recent posts there:
- Creative cycles: thoughts on creativity, learning and rest
- Changing Planes: review of Ursula le Guin’s book of that title
- Science fiction is good for the brain: thoughts on how science fiction helps us to think
- Amazing sculptures: mathematically-inspired sculptures by Bathsheba Grossman
- Believing in God and in science: some beginnings: why science and religion need not conflict
- Violin surprise: unexpected consequences of not practising over Christmas
- How Christmas was: the first Christmas since my father died last June
- Sanity and the Large Hadron Collider: why the world not only didn’t end when they turned it on, but was never going to.
I’m undecided whether to copy old posts from there to here, or just post new ones. It might get confusing having discussions on the same post in two places. Any thoughts?